Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Save Time - Read More

Do you go to your local library and search for books on the shelf?  Yeah, I used to do that.  I'd look for an hour or so and find one or two books that could be interesting.  I had the impression that our local libraries just didn't buy many books. 

 Then, our library put their catalog online.  At first, I used it to check to see which of our county libraries had a particular book that I could pick up that day, but I eventually found the reserve feature.  I can now find great books from book sites on the internet, read the reviews, then switch right over to the library site and reserve the books.  In a few days, I stop by the library and pick up my stack of books.  Easy Peasy

 I found that our local library even has a share feature with many other libraries in the state.  I can search about 15 different libraries at once and it's seldom that I can't find a book that I'm looking for. It only takes a couple of days for the member libraries to get the book to my local library.  

No comments:

Post a Comment