Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jill Myles - Smokin' Hot Succubus Series

Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1)
Yesterday, I read the first book in Jill Myles' Succubus Diaries, Gentlemen Prefer Succubi. Jill has a wicked sense of humor and her sex scenes are smokin' hot. My local library doesn't have her second book, Succubi Like it Hot, which is strange, because they do have the third book, My Fair Succubi.  Why do libraries do that? Have some of the books in a series, but not all of them? Especially in this case, where the library has the first and then the third book?  Strange. Anyway, I loved this book and I'm not sure I can wait on the library to get the second book from another library in my state.  I may have to buy the ebook version.

There are many similarities to Richelle Mead's Succubus series as well as some interesting differences.  There are demons, vampires, and angels in both series, but the relationship between the beings are handled differently.  In Richelle Mead's series, when the succubus feeds, she removes life force from her lover and actually shortens his life.  If she sucks too much, she can kill her lover.  In Jill Myles' series, the feeding is a win-win for both sides.  Her succubus can have sex with men she likes without hurting them. Richelle Mead's succubus answers to a demon who plays a middle-management role in Hell's hierarchy, while Jill Myles' succubus has a vampire and an angel as co-masters. Both series are well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment